Become A Yoga Teacher Starting At Only $2295.
- Ujjayi means the ocean and this pranayama is about mimicking the oceanic sound or the sound of the waves.
Step by Step
- Be seated in a comfortable position crossing your legs.
- Now start to inhale normally with the mouth.
- While doing this, start to constrict your throat as if something is choking it/as you’d fog a mirror when you exhale out the mouth similar to the ocean when you breath.
- You can repeat this pranayama breathing exercise for about ten to fifteen times.
- Slows the pace of the breath, which is said to improve longevity.
- Cleanses and refreshes the nadis (subtle channels of the body)
- Infuses the mind-body with fresh prana (vital life force)
- Promotes mental clarity and focus.
- Enhances memory.
- Bolsters the immune system.
- Improves skin color and complexion.