Become A Yoga Teacher Starting At Only $2295.
All over Canada – Vancouver, Victoria , Kamloops, Banff, Jasper, Calgary, Edmonton, Hamilton, Regina, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, St Johns – as the 21st century continues, the digital age and social media push our lives – as well as education and yoga teacher training – more towards the digital world.
Be it YouTube videos or an MBA course, the internet has made it so we can learn anything online. This also includes yoga teacher trainings (YTT).
Covid has had a tremendous effect on making this trend towards online yoga training even more broad and popular. Know that Covid in the western world is coming to an end because of vaccines, we thought we would updated our look at the differences of doing a yoga teacher training online versus the more traditional in-person YTT.
The Two Yoga Teacher Trainings: A Comparison
Traditional, in person yoga teacher trainings are where students meet with teachers. Where they discuss yoga poses, yoga philosophy and to do yoga classes together. While online yoga teacher training can be done at ones own pace.
Here are some of pros and cons of doing both:
In Person YTT
- You get immediate answers to questions from the teachers as well as group conversations around yoga topics and poses.
- Lake all human interactions, this can also be more strongly said with yoga teacher trainings. There’s a human energy that goes along with in personal trainings and this is not something one experiences doing a yoga teacher training online.
- For some people with certain learning styles, this is just the only way they can learn, in person examples of how to do things or to understand concepts.
- If you intend to do an in-person training you going to pay more they usually twice to three times what you would pay for an online yoga teacher training course.
- You are going to have to take time away from work or family to do it, you can’t do it around anything; it’s a job in the short-term and requires complete focus to do it.
- You can take the course at your own pace.
- It usually less expensive.
- You do not need time off from your life to do it.
- It can be done anywhere, as long as you have a connection to the Internet.
- Physically separated from the instructor and other students.
- No immediate feedback from teacher or there is a long delay in feedback and replies to basic questions.
- The feedback may also be substandard. This is because the teachers marking online courses might have hundreds of hundreds of students at any given time.
Both online and in person yoga teacher trainings offer different pros and cons.
Really it will come down to an individual’s personal financial and other life responsibilities to decide which one is best for them.
Regardless if you do an in person or online yoga teacher training; doing so will not only make it so you will able to teach a yoga class, but will also enhance your own personal life tremendously.