Become A Certified Yoga Teacher For Only $1895 (Victoria) or $1995 (Vancouver) or $1995 (Hamilton). $2195 (Toronto). These Are The Most Affordable Yoga Teacher Training Program In Victoria, Hamilton, Toronto & Vancouver!
“When we heal ourselves, we heal the world" Mark Nepo
Yoga Therapy Training Program
Our Yoga Therapy Training Program is the most affordable and high quality training of its kinds in Victoria!
Our Victoria Yoga Therapy Program is a comprehensive yoga therapy training program offering a balance between theory and practice. To complete the program students must:
- Complete our 150 Hour Yoga Therapy Training Program, and;
- Prepare and complete 50 Hours (25 Different Yoga Therapy Sequences/Treatements) under the supervision of one of the leads through our Yoga Therapy Student Clinic
Not only does our Yoga Therapy Training Program follow the highest standards it also includes:
- Payment options
- Free mentorship
- Practical teaching experience with employment opportunities
- 30% discounted all future programs with us, and
- Scholarship opportunities for every program we offer.
1. 150 Hour Yoga Therapy Training Program Overview:
History of Yoga Therapy (10 hours):
- Students will learn the sources of yoga therapy
- How its has developed
- And finally students will learn why since the 1990s yoga therapy has increased exponentially
Principles of Yoga Therapy (20 hours):
- Principles of Yoga Therapy using the following yoga tools: Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Mantra and Meditation
Advance and Applied Anatomy and Physiology For Therapeutic Yoga (20 hours):
- Students will gain a deeper understanding of physical anatomy and physiology from a Western perspective, as well as the energy anatomy of the subtle inner body.
- Students will learn about the major systems of the body and their interrelationships relevant to the work of a yoga therapist
- Students will also learn about bio-mechanics and movement as they relate to the practice of yoga, as well as knowledge of the interaction between the body, breath, mind, intellect and emotions in health and well-being
Yoga Therapy Methodology: Assessing and Intake Skills (20 hours):
- Students will learn assessment skills
- Students’ will learn to hone their ability to observe misalignment in the body and offer appropriate verbal and physical assists and adjustments.
- Students will learn how to maintain a presence as a therapist, how to cultivate an ability to hold space for a range of clients
- Student will learn how to address structural imbalances and misalignments in both a one-on-one and group setting
- Students will be trained in the art of asking skillful questions during an intake interview
Yoga, Trauma, Mental Health and Specialty Populations (30 hours)
- During this course, students will gain an understanding of causes and processes of disease in the body, and common imbalances and injuries of the human body.
- Yoga Therapists are exposed to various medical conditions and physical injuries, requiring students to become familiar with, and knowledgeable in, various pathophysiological cases so that they can meet their clients’ needs, provide effective treatment plans and avoid causing harm.
- This course will include lectures and workshops taught by various experts in the Yoga Therapy industry, focusing on specific conditions and populations and applications of Yoga Therapy suited to each. Through this course, students will broaden their exposure to various approaches in yoga therapy, offering a glimpse into various areas of specialization in their careers. Students will learn about the population/condition, benefits of yoga techniques, indications, contraindications and the most potent tools for treatment. Specialty populations include individuals who are:
- moving through grief, depression & anxiety, in recovery from addictions and trauma
- Seniors experiencing chronic pain, Muscular-skeletal injury, Athletes, Stress-related illness, Chronic fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Asthma. Heart disease, Cancer
Working With Other Health Professionals (20 hours)
- What they are
- The general processes of how other health professionals treat patients
- Shared Language
Philosophy & Lifestyle (20 hours):
- From a yoga perspective, students will learn more about own personal philosophies, biases, etc.
- Students will gain a deeper textual and experience of Yogic philosophy, while creating a better understanding of the impact philosophy has on both differential diagnosis and treatment in therapy
- Students will learn how to communicate yoga philosophy & lifestyle to other students and clients
The Business of Yoga Therapy (1o hours):
- Covers practical business knowledge
- How to market yourself authentically and professionally
- How to build and mange a case-load
- How to market workshops and courses
- Students will learn how to manage finances and expenses
- Students will also learn about the therapist-client relationship, harnessing a thorough understanding of waivers, insurance, liability and record-keeping,
- Students will learn other skills essential for running a business in the yoga therapy industry
2. 50 Hours Preparing & Completing 25 Different Yoga Therapy Sequences/Treatments
Students will develop 25 sequences and under the supervision of one of the programs staff. Midway through the program, students will begin offering 1 hour Yoga Therapy sessions to the public via in our Student Clinic. This provides students with the opportunity to work with people from the community, placing students into the seat of the therapist early on – helping them to sharpen their skills in assessment, communication, listening, presence, time management and treatment.
Solace, BA, BA, ERYT-200, Lead Instructor & Director of Teacher Training
Solace, has been practicing yoga since 2003 and has been teaching since 2010.
In his teaching, Solace is most interested in connecting people with the healing aspects of yoga; through movement, breath, and meditation. His classes combine mindfulness of alignment, breath, and a sense of play. Aside to teaching in our yoga teacher training programs, Solace teaches hatha classes, special needs, meditation and sees clients for private yoga sessions.
Lastly, he tries to teach new teachers to find their ‘true voice’ as yoga teachers!
Aya, BA, RYT-200
Aya spent several years exploring many different yoga traditions leading to years of study in the hatha yoga tradition. She completed her first hatha yoga teacher's training in Tokyo, Japan and the Rue-si Dutton (Traditional Thai ascentic self-stretching) teacher's training in Bangkok, Thailand. She also studied the basics of Ayurveda as an extension to yoga. She moved to Vancouver (mecca of yoga in Canada and North America!) recently to practice more advanced yoga. She enjoys sharing her love of yoga and is fascinated by how many people from all walks of life find yoga to be a transformative practice. Her aim is to create a welcoming and enjoyable space for people to feel inspired, challenged, uplifted and nurtured.
We require that each applicant have a 200 Training Certification and submit a copy of their certificate along with their application.
How To Apply
- Fill out an application for free (applications take about 24 hours to process). Limited spaces. Apply Now!
- Once your application is approved, pay the $500 deposit to hold your spot for the program you applied to
- Select how want to pay the difference.
Our yoga therapy trainings are based on our accreditation with Yoga Therapy Canada and not derived from our status as a RYS with the Yoga Alliance Registry.
VICTORIA - Oct. 13-Dec. 22, 2017 (Weekends Only Option)
Duration: 10 weeks
Location: The Studio, Victoria, B.C.
Tuition: $3195.00 (save $400 by paying in full by Sept 1, 2017) scholarship and payment options.
Deposit: a $500.00 deposit is required to hold your spot.
Times: Fri 5pm-10pm & Sat 8am-6pm
YOGA THERAPY TRAINING PROGRAM FAQ
[toggle title="What Is Included With The Tuition?"]We give you a Yoga Therapy Training Manual. Tuition also includes: mentorship, practical teaching experience with employment opportunities, a 30% discount on all future programs with us and unlimited yoga classes while in the program.[/toggle]
[toggle title="Are Your Programs Certified?"]After graduating from our 200-hour program, you will be able to effectively create yoga class for specific conditions or treatments for specific patient with specific patients. Also after graduating from our 200-hour program, you will be able to register with the Yoga Therapy Canada.[/toggle]
[toggle title="How Many Students Are Enrolled In Each Yoga Therapy Training Program?"]The classes size range are usually under 8, we do this to allow each student more one on one time with the leads[/toggle]
[toggle title="Do You Offer Scholarships?"]We offer a partial scholarship to deserving candidates for every program we run. Click to our scholarships page for more information.[/toggle]
[toggle title="Do You Offer Payment Options?"]
Payment options are available after the $500 deposit is paid.
[toggle title="How Is Our Teacher Therapy Program Different Than Other Therapy Training Program Offered?"]One of the biggest complaints about most yoga therapy training programs is that there is not enough practical experience; aside to offering very affordable programs - with added values like included mentorship, scholarships for every program we run - our program is an equal balance of theory and practice. To graduate, students in the program must complete 25 group and/or one on one treatments - under supervision - through our Yoga Therapy Student Clinic.[/toggle]