Become A Certified Yoga Teacher For Only $1695 (Victoria) or $1895 (Vancouver) or $1995 (Hamilton). These Are The Most Affordable Yoga Teacher Training Program In Victoria, Hamilton & Vancouver!
Information published on this web site is provided for the use of its visitors and you are advised that, although care has been taken to ensure technical and factual accuracy, some errors may occur. No guarantee is given of the accuracy or completeness of information on these pages. Please be aware that Karma Yoga may alter the information on its web site from time to time. We shall have no liability arising from the use by any party of the information on this web site. We do not warrant the information on this web site in any way and in particular no warranty is given that the web site or its contents or hypertext links are virus free or uncontaminated. You are advised to make your own virus checks and to implement your own precautions in this respect. We exclude all liability for contamination or damage caused by any virus or electronic transmission.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe working and learning environment for all employees and students. The policy applies to all our employees and students (all employees are responsible for administering this policy).
Fire Safety Policy
- We ensures that adequate fire suppression equipment is available as needed in the studio. A qualified inspector inspects all fire suppression equipment at least annually.
- We ensure that all employees receive training in the operation of the fire suppression equipment and in the school fire evacuation procedures.
- The designated safety officer is responsible for preparing emergency exit instructions and route maps.
- In the event of a fire emergency, we will dial 911 and advise the fire department of the location of the school. They will provide details of the type of fire (if known) and the location of the fire within the grounds.
- We will advise the students and staff to evacuate the building.
- Instructors will take the students out to the main parking lot-meeting point, ensuring the he or she has a class list with them. At the main parking lot meeting place the instructor will check off the students present against the list of students in attendance that day and will immediately advise the Front desk if anyone is missing.
- No student or employee will re-enter the campus until the fire officials have authorized re-entry.
Earthquake Safety Policy
- The On-Site Administrator ensures that adequate precautions are taken throughout the campus to ensure that injury due to falling or unstable items during an earthquake is limited. This may include securing file cabinets to walls and providing lipped shelving for books or binders that are located at or above head-level.
- The On-Site Administrator ensures that all employees receive training in the school earthquake evacuation procedures.
- Karma Yoga is responsible for preparing and posting emergency instructions and exit route maps in each classroom at the Inn with the exit from that room specifically noted in a coloured highlight.
- In the event of an earthquake emergency, all staff and students will take cover and remain under cover until the shaking stops.
- When it is deemed safe to do so, the On-Site Administrator will advise all employees to evacuate the studio.
- Instructors will escort their students to the main parking lot, ensuring that he or she takes the class list with them. At the main parking lot the Instructor will check the students present against the list of students in attendance that day and will immediately advise the On-Site Administrator if anyone is missing.
- The On-Site Administrator will act as a liaison between rescue officials and students/employees during the emergency. If necessary, the On-Site Administrator will authorize school closure.
- No student or employee will re-enter the campus until the rescue officials have authorized re-entry.
All individuals who enter the studio and spaces of Karma Yoga must be a member or guest of Karma Yoga and must abide by all rules and policy.
Karma Yoga is a Division of BC 0933832 Limited.
Any agent (e.g yoga teacher, etc) of Karma Yoga shall have the power to expelled and/or suspend or revoke the membership of a class attendant for a duration of their discretion. The Owner or Manager of Karma Yoga has the sole sole power to reinstate all memberships.
All transactions are made in Canadian dollars.
All fees for all products must be paid for in advance unless authorized by Karma Yoga.
Eating must be contacted done outside the actual studio (where classes are held)
All talking and music must be low at all times
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents, and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from our sites allow you to opt out of further mailings. Karma Yoga will never sell trade, rent, exchange, or otherwise share your personal information with any other person, company, or organization.
To purchase and attend classes all persons must be members of Karma Yoga first.
All class purchases are final and at the discretion of Karma Yoga, any unused monies may be applied – with the approval of Karma Yoga – to use as credit towards other services or products of Karma Yoga that must be used in 1 years from date of issue.
Members shall refrain from using perfumes or smoking before class
The drinking water is fine anywhere in the loft
The hooks provided shall be used for coats. Shoes shall be put take off and left in shoe tack in the reception area. And all other personal belongs should be left in one of storage cubby provided for members in the studio itself. We are not and cannot be responsible for left, lost or neglected items! We donate all Lost & Found items to Value Village at the end of each month.
No talking while a class underway, this done apply to talking quickly to teacher if something comes up (e.g your safety, class safety, etc)
All mat and props used by a member must be clean and put back when done.
All cell phone must be turned off while in the studio space where classes are held.
There are no refunds for any punchards or passes purchased from us. Payment for all classes must be received prior to the scheduled class date. All transactions are made in Canadian dollars. Any agent of Karma Yoga (e.g a yoga teacher, etc) may expel anyone for any reason from the spaces and premises of Karma Yoga and only the Owner or Studio Manager shall have right to override this.
Schedule Changes Policy
Karma Yoga reserves the right to change its class schedule at any time for any reasons.
Any members shall be able to come into a class up to 15 mins after it has started.
Teacher training in relation to this policy means yoga workshops and yoga teacher training offered by Karma Yoga.
Karma Yoga is committed to enrolling students who meet all of our program admission criteria and who are likely to succeed in meeting their education and career goals.
Regular attendance is required by students in order to acquire all of the knowledge and skills necessary to complete the Karma Yoga Teacher Training program successfully. Students must:
- Attend 100% of the program is in order to graduate from the program unless due to illness.
- Students are expected to be at school and ready to start on time.
- Students are expected to reasonably participate in class discussions, etc
No refund will given for fees paid for any yoga teacher training programs; but with a written request prior to the start of a paid program a credit equal to the amount paid may be issued and can be applied to future programs we hold or other products we sell (e.g. class) this credit will need to be used within 1 year it issued.
Karma Yoga expects students to meet and adhere to a code of conduct while completing a program of study. The list below outlines the code of conduct that all students are expected to follow. This list is not exhaustive and students should request clarification from the Director of Teacher Training if they have any questions.“Student” is defined as including prospective students as well as those currently registered in a program with Karma Yoga.
The Code of Conduct Students are expected to follow include:
- Attend school in accordance with the Attendance Policy.
- Treat all students and staff with respect.
- Refrain from any disruptive or offensive classroom behavior.
- Dress according to the school’s dress code as outlined in the Student Handbook.
- Refrain from cheating or plagiarism in completing class assignments.
- Treat school property with respect.
- Refrain from bringing weapons of any kind (i.e. knives, guns) to school.
- Complete all assignments and examinations on the scheduled completion dates.
- Refrain from bringing any alcohol or any prohibited mood altering substances to the Institution.
- Refrain from making inappropriate remarks concerning another student or staff’s ethnicity, race, religion or sexual orientation.
- Any other conduct which is determined to be detrimental or damaging to the other students, staff members or the Institution.
Any of the following, if substantiated, will result in immediate dismissal without a warning letter or probationary period:
- Sexual assault.
- Physical assault or other violent acts committed on or off campus against any student.
- Verbal abuse or threats.
- Vandalism of school property.
Students who do not meet the expected code of conduct above will be subject to the procedures outlined below which may include immediate dismissal from the institution depending on the severity of the misconduct.
Concerns related to a student’s conduct shall be referred to the Director of Teacher Training to process in accordance with this Policy.
- All concerns relating to student misconduct shall be directed to the Director of Teacher Training. Concerns may be brought by staff, students or the public.
- The Director of Teacher Training will arrange to meet with the student to discuss the concern(s) within 5 school days of receiving the complaint. If the alleged conduct is of such a serious nature that an immediate dismissal may be warranted the Director of Teacher Training will meet with the student as soon as practicable.
- Following the meeting with the student, the Director of Teacher Training will conduct whatever further inquiry or investigation is necessary to determine whether the concerns are substantiated.
- Any necessary inquiries or investigations shall be completed within 5 school days of the initial meeting with the student.
- The Director of Teacher Training will meet with the student and do one of the following:
- Determine that the concern(s) were not substantiated;
- Determine that the concern(s) were substantiated, in whole or in part, and either:
- Give the student a warning setting out the consequences of further misconduct;
- Set a probationary period with appropriate conditions; or
- Recommend that the student be dismissed from the Institution.
- The Director of Teacher Training will prepare a written summary of the determination. A copy shall be given to the student, a copy will be placed in the school’s Student Conduct File, and the original will be placed in the student file.
- If the student is issued a warning or placed on probation, the Senior Education Administrator and the student both sign the written warning or probationary conditions and the student is given a copy. The original document is placed in the student’s file.
- If the recommendation is to dismiss the student, the Owner of the school will meet with the student to dismiss him/her from study at the school. The Owner of the school will deliver to the student a letter of dismissal.
- If the student owes tuition or other fees to the school, the head of the school will undertake the collection of the amount owing.