Become A Certified Yoga Teacher For Only $1695 (Victoria) or $1895 (Vancouver) or $1995 (Hamilton). These Are The Most Affordable Yoga Teacher Training Program In Victoria, Hamilton & Vancouver!
Information published on this web site is provided for the use of its visitors and you are advised that, although care has been taken to ensure technical and factual accuracy, some errors may occur. No guarantee is given of the accuracy or completeness of information on these pages. Please be aware that Karma Yoga may alter the information on its web site from time to time. We shall have no liability arising from the use by any party of the information on this web site. We do not warrant the information on this web site in any way and in particular no warranty is given that the web site or its contents or hypertext links are virus free or uncontaminated. You are advised to make your own virus checks and to implement your own precautions in this respect. We exclude all liability for contamination or damage caused by any virus or electronic transmission.
We will not be liable for expenses related: getting to and from classes or yoga teacher training including flights, boats ,etc or accommodations (e.g. hotel, etc).
All individuals who enter the studio and spaces of Karma Yoga must be a member or guest of Karma Yoga and must abide by all rules and policy.
Karma Yoga is a Division of BC 0933832 Limited.
Any agent (e.g yoga teacher, etc) of Karma Yoga shall have the power to expel and/or suspend or revoke the membership of a class attendant for a duration of their discretion. The Owner or Manager of Karma Yoga has the sole power to reinstate all memberships.
All transactions are made in Canadian dollars.
All fees for all products must be paid for in advance unless authorized by Karma Yoga.
Eating must be done outside the actual studio (where classes are held).
All talking and music must be quiet at all times.
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents, and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from our sites allow you to opt out of further mailings. Karma Yoga will never sell, trade, rent, exchange, or otherwise share your personal information with any other person, company, or organization.
To purchase and attend classes all persons must be members of Karma Yoga first.
All class purchases are final and at the discretion of Karma Yoga, any unused monies may be applied – with the approval of Karma Yoga – to use as credit towards other services or products of Karma Yoga that must be used in 1 year from date of issue.
Members shall refrain from using perfumes or smoking before class.
The drinking of water is fine anywhere in the studio.
The hooks provided shall be used for coats. Shoes shall be taken off and left in shoe rack in the reception area. And all other personal belongs should be left in one of storage cubby provided for members in the studio itself. We are not and cannot be responsible for left, lost or neglected items! We donate all Lost & Found items to Value Village at the end of each month.
No talking while a class is underway, this does not apply to quickly letting know the teacher if something comes up (e.g. your safety, class safety, etc).
All mats and props used by a member must be cleaned and put back when done.
All cell phones must be turned off while in the studio space where classes are held.
There are no refunds for any punchards or passes purchased from us. Payment for all classes must be received prior to the scheduled class date. All transactions are made in Canadian dollars. Any agent of Karma Yoga (e.g a yoga teacher, etc) may expel anyone for any reason from the spaces and premises of Karma Yoga and only the Owner or Studio Manager shall have right to override this.
Schedule Changes Policy
Karma Yoga reserves the right to change its class schedule at any time for any reasons.
Any members shall be able to come into a class up to 15 mins after it has started.
Teacher training in relation to this policy means yoga workshops and yoga teacher training offered by Karma Yoga.
A student in relation to this policy means all candidates (i.e individuals who have submitted an application, paid fees, etc) or who are students actively enrolled in a program with Karma Yoga.
Karma Yoga is committed to enrolling students who meet all of our program admission criteria and who are likely to succeed in meeting their education and career goals.
To successfully pass any Karma Yoga Teacher Training program students must:
- Attend 100% of the program in order to graduate unless absence is due to an illness.
- Students are expected to be at school and ready to start on time.
- Students are expected to reasonably participate in class discussions and get along with everyone
- To successfully pass all evaluated assignments or classes (e.g. certification class)
All yoga teacher training programs shall evaluate each candidate per the passing policy to determine their pass or fail in a program. No certificate will be issued until the evaluation process is completed. Karma Yoga reserves the right to take what time it needs to properly evaluate each student, thus evaluation happens on a student to student basis.
No refund will given for fees paid for any yoga teacher training programs. With a written request prior to the start of a paid program, a credit equal to the amount paid may be issued and can be applied to future programs at Karma Yoga or other Karma Yoga products (e.g. classes). This credit will need to be used within 1 year of it being issued and is contingent on not breaching any policy related to being a student.
Students who receive any sort scholarship are expected to give back to Karma Yoga through hours (e.g teaching, reviews, etc) proportionate to the scholarship they received.
Karma Yoga expects students to meet and adhere to a code of conduct while completing a program of study. The list below outlines the code of conduct that all students are expected to follow. This list is not exhaustive and students should request clarification from the Director of Teacher Training if they have any questions.“Student” is defined as including prospective students as well as those currently registered in a program with Karma Yoga.
The Code of Conduct– students are expected to follow the guidelines below:
- Attend school in accordance with the Attendance Policy.
- Treat all students and staff with respect.
- Refrain from any bullying or disruptive or offensive classroom behavior.
- Refrain from cheating or plagiarising in completing class assignments.
- Treat school property with respect.
- Do not bring weapons of any kind (i.e. knives, guns) to school.
- Complete all assignments and examinations on the scheduled completion dates.
- Refrain from bringing any alcohol or any prohibited mood altering substances to the Institution.
- Refrain from making inappropriate remarks concerning another student or staff’s ethnicity, race, religion or sexual orientation.
- Any other conduct which is determined to be detrimental or damaging to the other students, staff members or the Institution.
Any of the following, if substantiated, will result in immediate dismissal without a warning letter or probationary period:
- Sexual assault.
- Physical assault or other violent acts committed on or off campus against any student.
- Verbal abuse or threats.
- Vandalism of school property.
Students who do not meet the expected code of conduct above, will be subject to the procedures outlined below which may include immediate dismissal from the institution, depending on the severity of the misconduct.
Concerns related to a student’s conduct shall be referred to the Director of Teacher Training who will process in accordance with this Policy.
- All concerns relating to a student misconduct shall be directed to the Director of Teacher Training. Concerns may be raised by staff, students or the public.
- The Director of Teacher Training will arrange to meet with the student to discuss the concern(s) within 5 school days of receiving the complaint. If the alleged conduct is of such a serious nature that an immediate dismissal may be warranted the Director of Teacher Training will meet with the student as soon as practicable.
- Following the meeting with the student, the Director of Teacher Training will conduct whatever further inquiry or investigation is necessary to determine whether the concerns are substantiated.
- Any necessary inquiries or investigations shall be completed within 5 school days of the initial meeting with the student.
- The Director of Teacher Training will meet with the student and do one of the following:
- Determine that the concern(s) were not substantiated;
- Determine that the concern(s) were substantiated, in whole or in part, and either:
- Give the student a warning setting out the consequences of further misconduct;
- Set a probationary period with appropriate conditions; or
- Recommend that the student be dismissed from the Institution.
- The Director of Teacher Training will prepare a written summary of the determination. A copy shall be given to the student, a copy will be placed in the school’s Student File
- If the student is issued a warning or placed on probation, the schol agent and the student both sign the written warning or probationary conditions and the student is given a copy. The original document is placed in the student’s file.
- If the recommendation is to dismiss the student, the Owner of the school will meet with the student to dismiss him/her from study at the school. The Owner of the school will deliver to the student a letter of dismissal.
- If the student owes tuition or other fees to the school, the head of the school will undertake the collection of the amount owing and no certificate will be issued until all tuition is paid in full
Karma Yoga has the right to audio record, video or photograph all spaces occupied by them for safety and quality control. All those on these spaces consent to this for consideration of services being provided to all students and clients.